Thursday 22 October 2009

Whitby Flagday

I was delighted last week to receive this set of photos from Peter Hebron. Particularly so because they show lifeboats (both from the RNLI and an Independent station) which cover my home territory of North Yorkshire.

Living Between Barnsley and Wakefield in South Yorkshire we don't see many Lifeboats!!

Our visit to Whitby came at the request of my son and daughter who wanted to take dad for a run out on fathers day.

My interest in the RNLI comes from my childhood when we lived at Stainton village (next to a few houses a farm and Hospital that has now grown into a huge place called Hemlington) My Father and Mother were both born at Loftus where I spent a lot of time with my Grand parents.

Regular trips were made to Redcar and Whitby which were never complete without a visit to the Lifeboats.

Thanks for sharing this with us Peter...a really pleasantly nostalgic journey for me at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment